Saturday, November 26, 2022

Busier than busy

I am taking a slight break from working on the Friends of the Library's Light Up the Library logistics - pick ups, deliveries, press releases, and more.  After Dec. 5 I hope I will have some time to breathe.  I have some hand stitching to do on the Green Mountain Sunrise wallhanging binding and hanging sleeve.  I put one at the top and another at the bottom so that it can be weighted down with a dowel or piece of wood.  It will hang over a door and might catch a breeze.  I think I'll get it done in a week or so.

Yesterday I made a block of the month for the guild lottery and then one for myself to go with the others I've made the past couple of months.  It was designed by one of the guild members who traveled to China and saw interesting windows.

Because the lottery will be in Dec., we were to use green and red with a white background.  This year all the backgrounds will be white for unity, and each month's team decides what colors to use.  For the same block that I will keep, I am doing a rainbow of colors, starting with red and orange.  This month, therefore, my block will be in yellows.  I have a lot of medium yellow in my stash, but no real brights or pale yellows.   I settled for butterscotch and regular yellow.

I have been hand appliqueing a wallhanging for the last few months and finished it a week or so ago.  It now measures about 36" square.  Yesterday, I sandwiched it and started machine quilting.  I thought it might be a good stress reliever during this very busy season.  Because of its small size, I can sit down for a little while whenever I feel like it.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, by the way.  Chris came for dinner, and we had a very nice time.  His car is still in the shop, so I drove him home.  Hope it gets fixed (at not too great a cost) very soon.  I talked with my Mom who was expecting my NJ brother and his family for the weekend, and I also talked to my WI brother who was going over to dine with friends.  I'm so glad we don't travel anywhere for these holidays.  As they say, "you can't get there from here" easily in the wilds of Vermont.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can see staying home in the winter when you live in Vermont - never know what the weather will be like and who wants to deal with airline headaches in the holiday season