Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Gray skies

 

We took a run over to Montpelier this morning to deliver another box of Paul's latest book.  The bookstore staff said it's a best seller and the books we brought won't fill their stack of orders.  Paul will be getting more soon to take to the bookstore and the state historical society gift shop.

While we were there, we went over to see an exhibit in one of the store windows.  It is based on an article Paul wrote a while back; there are three large panels quoting from the article as well as several signs.   All give credit to Paul so I took his picture.  Unfortunately, you can see also the reflection of the buildings across the street.  It's a gloomy day but not too chilly.

On the way home we stopped for milk and went to the bank, but there was still time to sew before lunch.  I made some Hunter's Star blocks yesterday, and then today I made six blocks for Aby Dolinger's row by row quilt along this year.  In both cases, I used blue because the tote that holds my blue stash is bursting at the seams. 

 Luckily for me, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color this month is bright/dark blue.   
I didn't connect the row by row blocks yet so I could take a picture of them.  I've found that wide, skinny rows don't always photograph so well.  

After I finished those blocks, I started back on my Arboretum blocks for the online swap.  I was surprised to see that I had already made so many several months ago.  I think I need to make 14 to swap for 7 people.  Will have to check my email to be sure.  At any rate, any new blocks I make will be for me.  Nice!

No comments: