Sunday, January 29, 2023

Hunter's Star


Yesterday I finished cutting all of the pieces I think I will need to put together the Hunter's Star blocks.  I used my AccuQuilt Go Baby die cutter, and it really went fast.   Putting the pieces together is fairly easy, and the machine cuts off all the dog ears.

My Viking 100 is not too accurate without lots of pinning, but I did manage to make a couple of blocks.  I don't really know how big this quilt will end up being, but I have about 30 blocks waiting to be sewn and 16 all made.  

I think I've mentioned that I don't usually like to cut all the pieces before sewing.  I'd rather cut, sew, cut, sew, etc. to vary whatever I'm doing.  Still, this and the fact that the pieces fit together so easily, will make it go quickly when Elna returns.  

Based on the blocks I've made, I figure I will most likely need to make a few more.  Some of the grays I'm using seem to overshadow the prints even though I've been choosing what appear to be bright colors for the most part.  Sometimes the contrast with the gray results in a dull block.  I will probably replace them toward the end and use the dull blocks on the back.

The last Dear Jane block I made this week, "Gloriae," is also visible in this picture.  Today it's rather gloomy, so after grocery shopping I actually worked on and filed my income taxes, both federal and state!!  It feels good to have them done and out of the way.  This afternoon, I'll try to finish knitting the toe on my sock (just 8 rows to go) and maybe do a little more big stitch quilting on the guild challenge I'm working on.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: