Wednesday, February 1, 2023

One down, one to go

I finally finished knitting one sock on Monday, much to my relief.  Working with four #2 needles was hard work by the end.  I used up most of the ball of yarn and worried I wouldn't have enough to finish.  It fits, but I'm glad I have relatively small feet.  If I ever make another pair of socks, I'll be sure to buy three balls of yarn, just in case.

The yarn is very pretty and easy to work with, though, and I'll get to the other sock soon.  First, I'm giving myself a break by knitting a quick garter stitch hat on #6 needles.  Much easier.

I did a little hand quilting on the guild challenge wallhanging and cut more Hunter's Star fabrics yesterday.  It's going to be frigid today, too, so I will just go to yoga but not walk outdoors.  I'll call the quilt shop to find out if my Elna has come back and hope to pick it up tomorrow.    

Last night's dinner was curried chicken from a new cookbook, A Pinch of Nom.   I knew it was part of a healthy eating series but had no idea that this was part of a British "movement" called Slimming World.  It seems to be like Weight Watchers which I joined briefly in 2020.    I found some of WW's recipes to be really good, and so far, PON's look pretty good although more meat-based than I'd hoped.   


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I find a lot of Weight Watcher recipes to look good but I tried them on my husband he would want about 4 times what they say he can eat! The sock looks great - I will stick to the sweater I am doing and I probably should accept the fact that I will never get socks made