Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Dear Jane

My saga with Dear Jane will most likely last until 2030 at the rate I'm going.  I made six blocks on Sunday and Monday, though, and I think I have about 20 all together.  Considering there are 169 blocks in the center, that's not too bad!

Here are blocks A-4 and A-6 through A-10.  A-10 uses fusible applique and a new adhesive product called "Fix It."  I was making the blocks in a random order from a Facebook group I joined, but that just seemed too scatter-shot for me.  So I went back to doing one at a time in the "A" row.   Slow and steady wins the race, as the turtle said to the hare. 

This morning I finished quilting the smaller (48" x 48") of my Jane Austen at Home quilts, and sewed the binding on.  It sure feels nice to finish something!  I'll try to get a picture tomorrow if the sun shines.  The larger of the two quilts is waiting for its binding which I hope to get to tomorrow.  It's all sewn, but I need to square up the sides.  After I finish that, I will move on to the Cakes on Stands quilt.  The top is ready but I need to piece a back.  I think I've already got binding ready to go, too.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I did that quilt row by row also - I just wasn't interested in doing it by jumping all over. I guess they have new instructions out now that you said some are fusible - I just did them all old fashioned by hand and needle turn applique. I might have done a couple by reverse applique also