Thursday, February 23, 2023

Pineapple quilt

Did you hear me sigh a huge sigh of relief this morning?  The Rainbow Scrap Challenge pineapple quilt top that I've been making blocks for over the past two years is finally finished!  I think.  I may add another border if I can figure out what color to make it.  Turquoise?  Purple?  Black?


Right now there's a 1.5" gray border made out of the gray print that's in each block's center.  The top measures 64" square which is fine for a throw.  I am planning to take it to my friend Marie for long arm quilting.   I have lots of the gray print for the back, which is a relief.

I also made several blocks of the month for March this morning.  We were supposed to have 6-12"of snow overnight, and I woke up very early to the sound of the snowplow zooming by.  Paul estimates that we had about 4" of snow, and by noon the roads were very driveable.  Unfortunately, my neighborhood ladies' lunch was cancelled because at 9 am it didn't look that driveable out.   I had lots more time to sew, between getting up early and not going out for lunch. 

I finished several blocks of the month for March, including these easy ones for guild.  The one on the right I'm keeping because the center is from an old muumuu of my Mom's.  The one on the left is for the guild lottery.   I won the lottery blocks for February on Tuesday night - purple stars.  There are close to 20 in the group (it was a fairly easy block), and they will be really nice to put together, when I get around to it.

Yesterday I received my new-to-me (used) iPhone 12 to replace my iPhone 6 which I'll be giving to Paul who has resisted having a cell phone until now.  He has come to see the usefulness of one for emergencies.  I was amazed at how fast and easy transferring my data from one phone to the other was.  You just set one near the other and follow the directions on the screen.   I had to get a little advice from Chris via text message about removing the SIM card so I can make phone calls.  But I just felt so very smart when the whole process was finished.  Now the only problem is that, with the case that came with the phone, it doesn't fit in my purse which has a pocket on the outside for the phone.  I'll see if I can get a slightly less bulky case.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like an excuse to buy a new purse! love the quilt and take care in that snow - it seems like all of you across the north are being hit with it - I have a nephew in Minnesota - they are getting a lot too