Monday, February 12, 2024

For my Valentines

 



Super Bowl Sunday should really be a national holiday.  Everyone was at the grocery store at 7:30 am, and there were more men than women.  Most unusual for a Sunday!  

We picked up a few items for the next few days and, like everyone else, for our usual Super Bowl meal - pizza.  I didn't make the crust this year but, rather, bought a somewhat tough multigrain dough.  Next time, I'll make my own. 

Before dinner time, though, I baked some soft chocolate chip cookies for Chris and for us as Valentine's treats.  Chris came by with a box of candy for us and was pleased to take his cookies home.  This is really the best recipe I've found for chocolate chip cookies, and they keep well (if you are able to keep them!).  

It's too soon to pack for the trip - I'll do that tomorrow.  Today I'll do some hand sewing, run a few errands, and make chili for dinner.  I keep checking the weather because of the possibility of snow tomorrow, but it looks like Wednesday, when we leave, it will be sunny.  By the time we hit the snow belt, I'm hoping the roads will be clear and dry.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love chocolate chip cookies and I usually need to put half of them in the freezer immediately or Mike will eat them all the day they are made. Hope you have good weather