Friday, February 9, 2024

Sun almost the whole week!

Last night, the TV weatherman said we had no days of sun in January and very few during the months before.  So far this week, there's been sun every day, and we've been taking advantage of it.  Monday, Paul and I drove down to Bellows Falls, an hour and a half south, on an errand for the Barre Historical Society.  We didn't stay long but did enjoy a brief walk up and down the main street.  Former industrial buildings have been converted to stores, and the bookstore is especially nice.

Tuesday after my pedicure, we headed to Burlington for lunch with Pauline and Bob.  I gave them the eight placemats I'd made and was relieved that they like them.  (The photo shows them as WIPs.)  Wednesday, we were invited to lunch in Montpelier by neighbors Mary and Manny.  Both were delightful social events with excellent food!

Obviously, very little sewing has been done this week, although I have been pecking away at a disappearing nine patch baby quilt for my Dutch niece Susan and her husband Arjan.  Yesterday, I got some flannel for the back of the bright quilt top which I hope to finish today.  The top includes two packets of charm squares mostly featuring Minnie and Mickey Mouse.  These look great with red and white polka dotted fabrics, with little black accents.  

I'll wash the flannel today (it's red), but who knows when I'll start quilting.  I have packing and organizing to do for our trip which begins Wednesday.  The car's interior needs a good cleaning before we stuff everything in.  And there's a trip to the money machine and... and...

No comments: