Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More purple blocks


Last week we had some very cold days, but they were perfect for working on the purple quilt. I now have 24 blocks made. Here's the latest batch. I am enjoying this since I am dipping way down deep into my purple box. Most of my fabric is divided by color into plastic shoe boxes. Some colors have totes, though, and purple is one of them. The other colors with totes have green, red, and blue fabric in them.


I particularly enjoyed making the watering can block since I made a similar one in 1994 for a tulip sampler I entered into the Vermont Quilt Festival and which also hung in the Vermont building that fall at "The Big E," the New England States Exposition.


I have two more blocks that I'm appliqueing and plans for a few more pieced blocks. Will 30 be my limit? I still have plenty of purple left, and my goal is to be able to close the box. We'll see!


No comments: