Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oatmeal-raisin muffins

Brrrr! It was near zero this morning, and we had a gorgeous sunrise at about 7 am. The sky was a beautiful pink and lavender. Sorry I couldn't have taken a photo but I knew anything I took wouldn't do it justice. So I made some muffins instead. The recipe came from the Dannon Yogurt container:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a large muffin tin (8-9 cups only).

Mix in bowl:
1 c. flour
1. c. rolled oats
1/2 c. brown sugar (or substitute)
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. raisins

Mix well in large measuring cup:
1 c. vanilla "Lite & Fit" yogurt
1 egg
2 T. canola oil

Mix wet ingregients into dry, just until combined. Fill 8-9 muffin tins, and bake 22-25 min. Yum!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

recipe sounds great - I will print it out and put it in the kitchen for tomorrow.
Karen
ps finally warming up here thank god! will be in the high 40's the rest of the week!