Friday, January 15, 2010

Sewing for the home

Don't know why, but I really don't like sewing clothing or curtains. The last time I needed to hem some curtains, I used fusible web. Paul asked how I did it so fast, and he laughed when I just said "glue." But those hems are holding up well, as is the hem I did on a pair of pants. But our kitchen windows really needed some dressing up, so yesterday I started making some valances using 4 yards of white muslin and strips of Dutch fabric sister Jacqueline sent me. It took less than two hours to finish - why did I drag my feet for so long? Anyway, here's the front window. The room looks much brighter, which is great on a gray day like today.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I know just exactly what you mean! I do not like sewing any of kind except for quilting. I will do a bit here and there but do not enjoy it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/