Thursday, December 31, 2009

More purple blocks

I've been working on my All Purple, All the Time quilt, making blocks from the latest Quiltmaker's 100 Quilt Blocks magazine. It's fun to mix up all the purples in the box in new ways. Some of the fabrics were in a little bag left over from last spring's round robin I did with the Heart of Vermont guild. Quilting that quilt is on my list, but I need to mark the scallopped edge before I layer the "sandwich". Yesterday, I used some fabric that used to be curtains in the George Mackie Room of our former B&B. The Mackie tartan is green with purple, so those curtains were washed and folded back into my stash when we moved.

So here are the latest blocks, and this makes 12 done so far. There will be a solid-ish grape border between them. There are two more all prepared for applique. A big snowstorm is predicted for tomorrow, so it will be good to have something to do while I watch those flakes come down. I plan to bake an apple tart tomorrow with some of our delicious Harry & David apples. Got some vanilla gelato to go with it. But the main course menu is still up in the air. Life is short - plan dessert first!

No comments: