Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day after Christmas

We had a very nice Christmas Eve and Day - good company, cooperative weather, plenty of goodies, nice music, and great gifts. Here we are, Paul sporting a new scarf and me in a shawl, both gifts from Jacqueline. We've been busy reading things that were under the tree and making plans to spend gift certificates to book stores. I'm going to start U is for Undertow this afternoon - can't wait!


Today was our day to play with toys we received, beginning with the new "atomic" clock Pat gave us. It forecasts the weather, tells the temperature outside and in, and projects onto the ceiling. Once we figured out that the lithium batteries had little pieces of plastic between them and the contacts, everything worked just fine.


Next, I went to the post office and back, testing out my new GPS that Chris gave me. You know you have reached "a certain age" when your child feels it is his duty to keep you on the technological cutting edge. At any rate, I made a turn the GPS didn't like but it was very pleasant about recalculating. I think it will be very helpful when we go south to Alabama and Florida later this winter.


On Christmas Eve, I finished a baby quilt that was on my list for 2010, so I am feeling smug. This one's for Paul's greatniece Lexi, expected in early March by the Hilton Head Hills. It was fun to make and has a lovely pink and lime flannel polka dotted back.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love it when the GPS recalculates - she can get pretty determined at times asking you to please make a u turn to get back on track - funny when there is no place to make a u turn at!!
enjoy you toys :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/