Monday, December 7, 2009

Finishing projects




I have been feverishly finishing up a variety of quilting projects. First was the Life is Good t-shirt quilt for Nancy. I put the final stitches on the binding yesterday and threw it into the dryer to remove some fuzzies this morning. I still need to go over it with a lint remover, though, and then I'll sew the label on when Nancy brings it.

Then I started quilting the two quilts I made for Camp Agape. Both are an odd size, 39 x 79, presumably to fit the camp cots. The first is pink, black and white shoo fly blocks, with pink plaid sashing and binding. That's all done. I only have a few more rows of quilting for a Friendship Star quilt in brights, black and white. The binding will be a bright colored polka dots on a black background. I should finish that tomorrow.

Yesterday, because I couldn't go to the Jane Austen tea due to a flat tire (a loooong story), I also finished a bathmat for our bathroom. It has been sitting around, waiting for binding for weeks. I used a Dresden Plate "orphan block," and surrounded it wth strips of denim from Paul's old jeans. It's very sturdy yet brightens up our beige bathroom nicely.

Next on the list: begin quilting the purple round robin quilt I made with quilt guild friends this year. The batting and the back are all ready to go. But I do have some holiday baking and shopping to do also...

No comments: