Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All purple, all the time


I'm working on a new quilt. I have a long list of UFOs but, since I finished the pink and lime baby quilt, I have given myself license to begin a new project.
My purple box is overflowing due to the kindness of my once-secret pal Karen. I also have more beiges than I really need, so I got a copy of this year's Quiltmaker's 100 Quilt Blocks and am working my way through it. I will put a plain grape border between the blocks. It's fun coming up with different color combinations, and I am astounded by the number of purple scraps and fat quarters I have. Last year's round robin didn't really put a dent in my stash.
So far I have made nine 12" blocks that I have sashed in the purple and beige fabric I got from Mary this fall. She closed her quilt shop so she could concentrate of the Machine Quilters Expo and sold bolt ends at the state guild meeting. I got four yards of purple print for $5 and 10 yards of a blue and yellow plaid for $10. The blue will be great for a back or two.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I deleted the comment I left as I stated it wrong. I have thought to get the magazine (not the book as I stated) but haven't picked it up. Are you satisfied with the patterns and feel you will use most of them? So glad that the purples that I sent you are being put to good use :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/