Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Birthday fun


I signed up for a birthday fat quarter swap this year.  All month long, squishy envelopes of all shapes and sizes have appeared, and have been piling up.  It's been hard waiting.  Today I got to open them all - aren't they amazing?!?  These should make a luscious quilt full of nice memories.

So far, it has been a great day!  I went to Montpelier for breakfast with Cindy, Sandy and Polly at the new Clean Slate Cafe.  It's in the old building where the old Thrush Tavern was, next door to my old office.  They had the best burgers in town but closed some years ago.  This Clean Slate has a nice, small menu, and the memorable (to many) bar and tiny bathroom are still there. 

Afterwards, Paul and I drove over to the Burlington area to leave something at Merrill's Auction Barn and stopped at Sew Many Treasures on the way home.  I couldn't find anything that grabbed me, but I hope to see some things tomorrow at A Quilter's Garden.  I have a gift certificate and I get a discount half my age!

My parents called after we got home, and then I took a nap before tackling all the squishies.  Tonight we're heading back to Montpelier for dinner with Chris at J. Morgan's.  Couldn't ask for a more relaxed day!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy Birthday - it will be fun for you to use all those fq's.
Karen