The other day I made a couple of 12" blocks for a "block lotto" game I'm doing with an online group. Each of us makes up to four specific blocks and, at the end of the month, we hold a drawing. Whoever wins gets all the blocks we made. This month, I made two which were fairly easy.
I still have a bag of rows in black, white and red from this year's guild row robin, so if I win, I'll combine them. If I don't win (the drawing is August 1), I will work on some Drunkard's Path blocks as initially planned. I have plenty to keep me busy until then.
For one thing, I am hostessing a charm square swap with some online friends with an August 1 deadline. Each person cut as many sets of 5" floral squares as she wanted. Most people sent between 20 and 35 sets, so that's a lot of charm squares in baggies to handle. The baggies are slippery and the squares stick together. But the squares are awfully cute, and I can't wait for them all to come in so I can swap them and use mine. Right now, the big envelopes are all laid out on the bed in the guest room.
Also, yesterday, I finished the last of about 25 potholders I made with orphan quilt blocks. I'll put them in my yard sale this September since I don't have a whole lot to sell. I am enjoying getting to know the two new neighbors as we coordinate the sale.