Thursday, July 12, 2012

Block lotto

The other day I made a couple of 12" blocks for a "block lotto" game I'm doing with an online group.  Each of us makes up to four specific blocks and, at the end of the month, we hold a drawing.  Whoever wins gets all the blocks we made.  This month, I made two which were fairly easy.

I still have a bag of rows in black, white and red from this year's guild row robin, so if I win, I'll combine them.  If I don't win (the drawing is August 1), I will work on some Drunkard's Path blocks as initially planned.  I have plenty to keep me busy until then. 

For one thing, I am hostessing a charm square swap with some online friends with an August 1 deadline.  Each person cut as many sets of 5" floral squares as she wanted.  Most people sent between 20 and 35 sets, so that's a lot of charm squares in baggies to handle.  The baggies are slippery and the squares stick together.  But the squares are awfully cute, and I can't wait for them all to come in so I can swap them and use mine.  Right now, the big envelopes are all laid out on the bed in the guest room.

Also, yesterday, I finished the last of about 25 potholders I made with orphan quilt blocks.  I'll put them in my yard sale this September since I don't have a whole lot to sell.  I am enjoying getting to know the two new neighbors as we coordinate the sale. 

No comments: