Saturday, September 8, 2012

Guild block

Last June, anyone in the Heart of Vermont guild was invited to create a 10" quilt block that would be used as the logo for the guild.  Only two people entered four designs, but mine won!  It was a takeoff on the traditional Moon over the Mountains block.  I wanted something that could be machine or hand-stitched and that a beginner might be able to do.  It can also be embellished.

Over the summer, Geri and I spent a little time creating instructions, and she scanned it for use on the guild nametags this year.  I tried following the instructions to make the block in a different colorway, and I like it!
It's a little hard to see that I used three different black and white prints, and I buttonhole stitched around all the pieces.  Before our Sept. meeting, I'll make copies for people to pick up on the membership table.  We're going to have a block of the month this year, so this can be an "extra" for everyone.

1 comment:

Pat from Florida said...

Congratulations! It's a very nice block.