Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Busy but nothing to show

I have been quilting apace lately, but nothing warrants a photo.  On Monday, I finished quilting and binding a small (18" x 18"?) Christmas table topper that I think I'll give to my brother for his new apartment.  It is made of 6" blocks from a swap.  For the last few days I've been quilting a 50" x 50" quilt made from two different swaps - both black and white with an accent color - that I'll give to the Parkinsons Comfort Quilt Project.   Will take photos of both when I find time.

I have also finished all of the 16" flying diamonds blocks and have put them together in four rows.  The borders are also almost ready to put on, but I can't decide whether to quilt it in four pieces or two.  Such a dilemma!  I'm waiting for the backing fabric to arrive and also need to go out to buy more thread for quilting.  I have been using Aurafil thread lately - it's a bit lighter than the Mettler but lasts so much longer.  Also on order are some "Quilting Made Easy" patterns for quilting the large 8" centers of each of the blocks.  I seem to have gone crazy mailordering lately, but I am determined to get a jump on Christmas.

I want to make photo Christmas cards this year but am having trouble deciding which quilt to feature.  I found a "deal" online for Shutterfly, so I need to jump on that also.  The holidays are fast approaching.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you are busy! sometimes I get to where I start mail order a little bit too much - it is so easy isn't it!