Monday, November 11, 2013

Feeling productive!

Here's the quilt I made with blocks received in two block lotteries.  It's going to the Parkinsons Comfort project in honor of my Dad who has been dealing courageously with PD for 17 years.


Yesterday, I finished putting together the two halves of my Flying Diamonds quilt and started pin-basting.  I also did a few lines of quilting on one half, and I hope to finish basting the second half soon.  As I quilt one half, I use up pins which go over to the other half!  I am trying something called "Quilting Made Easy," pre-printed patterns on tear-away paper, for the large open squares.  My quilting is a little shaky, but I hope it improves as I get toward the center where it really shows.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they both look great! hope your dad is doing ok.