Monday, April 28, 2014

Ready to swap

I am hosting a red and white nine patch block swap for an online book/quilting group which was reading Sandra Dallas' The Persian Pickle Club.  In the story, the Pickles set autograph blocks into red and white nine patches.  There are 18 people participating, so people could make one or two sets of 18.  The other day, with 3 people's blocks still in transit, I swapped out the first set of blocks for everyone else.  I am still waiting for one person's package, but here are nine sets waiting to be swapped. 


We are expecting a house guest Thursday night, so if the package doesn't arrive, I will have to set these aside somehow and wait.  Hope I don't have to!  This swap will necessitate two trips to the post office since three packages are going to Australia.  I don't mind filling out a few customs forms, since I received some lovely Australian fabrics in exchange for postage.  Hmmm... so many ideas, so little time!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

could you let me know how much the postage for these are to Australia or Europe - I have thought of doing something like this but with the prices so high I wonder if I really want to do it.