This weekend, I got serious, making the ten rainbow scrap challenge and two Sarah's Sampler blocks for the month/week. They turned out pretty good!
This month's color was "cyan" or teal or turquoise - whatever isn't quite green or quite blue. I had to stack one on top of a friendship star for the photo, but there are really ten here.
Most are fairly simple 9" finished blocks, but I must say that "darting birds" (top center) was a challenge since I am using my older machine. The newer one (at least 10 years old!) is in for its annual cleaning and tune up. When I delivered it last week, I mentioned that the bobbin case is loose again, and Carl said that might require a new part or so. But then, he said, maybe not. We'll see.
Meanwhile, I'm using the old reliable Viking 100 which is fine but is a little slower. No needle up/down, more possibilities for tangling when taking those first few stitches, smaller bobbin, etc.
Nonetheless, I managed to make Posies Round the Park and a version of the Little Red Schoolhouse, both 12" finished. I am really enjoying the combination of grays and oranges.