Thursday, March 12, 2015

Recent projects

This year's Heart of Vermont Guild challenge has been to make a quilt of any size using half-square triangles.   I've been looking at possible designs for months, but something came along unexpectedly while I was working on the guild mystery quilt.  All sorts of triangles were being cut and discarded from the edges of the blocks.  So I sewed them into squares and made a mini, which I then hand-quilted.  It measures about 8.5" x 11"

Going on vacation sure put a dent in my productivity and made me realize that this year I may have undertaken too many blocks of the month/week.  With the online book group, I'm working on two blocks a week for "Sarah's Sampler," an old saw but fun in orange and gray.  I'm also working on "Vacation Time" monthly with Pat Sloan.  There's the guild mystery quilt with clues early in the month, and the rainbow scrap challenge for which this month I need to make 10 blocks in bluish green/teal. 

And then there are the swaps!  This week I finished the second set of nine blocks in red, white and blue for the guild swap.  But the fat eighths for the Around the World swap are piling up, begging to be made into "Peace and Plenty" blocks, and I still have two sets of 6" churn dash blocks to make for another swap.   The weather warmed up and the thaw began a few days ago, but today it's chilly again - a good day to stay in and sew!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

spring is on it's way no matter what! sometimes we do take on too many projects but they all get done in the end right