Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Acouple more blocks

I'm trying hard to do machine applique involving turning the seam allowance under.  I just don't like the look of fusible, raw-edge applique.  Here are Lancaster Rose and Hands All Around, this week's blocks for Sarah's Sampler.


With my Rose in the shop for cleaning, I've been using my old reliable Viking 100, which actually zigzags better anyway.  I'm rather pleased with the way the applique turned out, albeit a little wiggly.  Hands All Around is different in Chiaverini's pattern book, but I used an Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day pattern. 

My other sewing projects this week have included sewing hanging sleeves on two bed-sized quilts that will be entered in the Central Vermont Quilt Show and covering wooden hangers with batting and muslin for the VT Historical Society.  That latter involves very fiddly work but I think I have a system going now.  Made 4 today!

No comments: