Monday, January 15, 2018

Keeping busy but nothing to show

This weekend, I took my walking foot off and returned the piecing foot to the machine so I could catch up on some regular sewing.  I'll get back to quilting in a few days.  Two rows in the row by row swap I'm in arrived at nearly the same time last week, and I picked up the "block robin" for the coming month also.  I hate to have a full quilting "in basket"!   I do enjoy the challenge of round robins since it involves using fabrics I may never have bought myself.

Friday and Saturday, I paper pieced a row for an ocean-themed quilt (Carol's) which was quite a departure from my usual.  I hate taking the paper out and all the little bits that end up everywhere, mostly the floor.   the row needed some dark blue which is in short supply here due to my recently making the scrappy Storm at Sea.  I managed to eke out just enough and have it ready to mail on to Susan.

On a roll, I opened the next package, this time requiring an Indian (from India) row (Tricia's).  I combed my stash for something that would go with it.  And then thought hard about a block using some of the fabric enclosed in the package.  Log cabin?  Courthouse steps?  Hourglass?  I settled on the latter arranged Yankee Puzzle-style with a little beige batik, and it's in the package for Susan also.  I'll take it to the post office tomorrow since today's a holiday.

I can now work on three blocks for Renee's block robin sampler.  There's some lovely blue, white, and yellow fabric for the 9" blocks which I may get a chance to begin cutting today.  Maybe tomorrow!  We are taking Chris out to lunch for his 36th birthday, then going to the MLK program at the historical society, and then my usual get-together with Cindy and Sandy.  A busy day on tap.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you have a busy day even if you have nothing to show