Saturday, April 21, 2018

Finally, it's sunny!

We have had an endless stream of gloomy weather with snow showers this week.  While there's still a chilly wind, the sun makes the 40-some degree temperatures bearable.  And tomorrow's supposed to be even nicer.   We will be out walking, that's for sure.

I've been busy with the library booksale this weekend - selling yesterday and mostly on the clean up crew this afternoon.  I did pick up a few bargains, including a book about the TV series Downtown Abbey for my brother who's a great fan and a couple of Miss Julia books I'm not sure I've read yet.  I love that series.  It's extremely light - or shall I say lite? - but quite fun, perfect for a day at the beach or on the back porch.  If I have read those books, they'll go right back to the library for the summer book sale.

Two retired librarian friends, Penny and Anita, introduced me to another fun mystery series featuring a 70 year old Laotian coroner, and I'm enjoying it immensely due to the exotic locale and wry humor.  I don't know much about communist Laos, and Dr. Siri tells his story with tongue in cheek.   There's a touch of mysticism, too.  I've almost finished The Coroner's Lunch  and will be looking for more.

Tomorrow I hope to finish quilting the orange and yellow quilt so I can clean up my sewing room.  We have a house guest arriving Friday and a busy week ahead:  book discussion program at the library, dinner/theater with friends, the library board's Spring gala, and the historical society's Primo Maggio celebration.  It will be a fun whirlwind!  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you are staying busy! have fun with your company and hope your spring weather arrives shortly!