Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Scrappy finish

The string quilt with scrappy back is quilted and bound.  We even had a sunny day today so took some pictures.

 It's destined for the hospital's children's department. 

What I can never understand is.. why is it that when we set out to use up scraps and tackle a couple of bins-worth, when we get finished we find we have hardly put a dent in that stash of scraps?

I could probably make another one but, having made two string quilts this year, I think I have hit my limit for a while.  Now to finish up some other tops that have been waiting for quilting.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

awhile back I made two queen size quilts from scrap bins and when I put everything back in them they barely had a dent in it - they just do not go away - I'm not even carefully saving my scraps anymore, I use to save all of them now a lot gets tossed in the bin as I am cleaning up the table.