Sunday, April 22, 2018

Oatmeal-cranberry cookies

Today is a laundry and baking day.  I made two batches of scones and put them in the freezer.  According to the King Arthur Baking Book, scones are better frozen before baking.  But I just did it to get a jump on company coming this weekend. 

When I finished making the scones, I tried a new cookie recipe - those will be gone long before company arrives!  I liked including whole wheat flour and really couldn't tell.

Oatmeal-Cranberry Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets.

Ingredients:
·                  3/4 cup softened butter
·                  1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
·                  1 egg
·                  1 teaspoon vanilla
·                  1/1/4 cups whole wheat flour
·                  1/2 teaspoon baking soda
·                  1/4 teaspoon salt
·                  1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
·                  3/4 cup chopped almonds
·                  3/4 cup dried cranberries

1.               Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
2.               Beat in egg and vanilla  (I used my food processor for these two steps)
3.               Slowly add flour and dry ingredients into butter mixture. 
4.               Stir in rolled oats, almonds, and cranberries.
5.         Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls on prepared cookie sheets and flatten with a fork.
6.               Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
7.               Let stand on cookie sheet for 5 minutes prior to removing cookies to a rack.
Makes 24 cookies.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

do you use cream or milk in your scones? I had a recipe recently that used sour cream instead and they made the most moist scones I have ever had and I substitute sour cream now all the time instead of cream or milk - your cookie recipe looks good. Have fun with your company