Saturday, October 13, 2018

Just living

I rarely photograph my food even though I like to cook and to go out to eat.  Trying to lose weight, my restaurant food tends to be salad-based, and I haven't made an apple pie, loaf of bread, or anything else photo-worthy lately.  I did make a great turkey vegetable soup, roasted chicken, and chicken/biscuit dinner this week, though.  My jeans are a little loose - whoo hoo!  

It's been a quiet week here.  Chris and I drastically trimmed the lilac bush which had grown too tall to deadhead.  I also managed to deal with a mountain of laundry, taught an applique class to two students, ran some errands, and quilted the September Splendid Sampler 2 blocks.  Now I'm putting together the July, August, and September sections of the quilt which is a year-long project.   I do love making those 6" blocks.

Our quilt guild program Tuesday is going to be on tackling UFOs, so I've gathered a bunch of those to take along.  I noticed that almost all of them require some hand work or applique.  Maybe I should look into finishing some by machine?   I have a feeling there are more buried in the dresser in the guest room, too.

Before we left on our trip, I rearranged many of the quilts in storage by unfolding the newer ones and layering them on the guest bed.  I replaced the quilts on the rack in the living room with oldies that I ought to give away.  But to whom and how?   One in particular is only fit to be a dog bed, so maybe I'll cut it up and give the pieces to the Humane Society.  My Double Dutch sampler (appliqued, pieced, hand quilted, pre-2000) is hanging over the railing in the upstairs hall - "sick bay" - because it needs repair, a/k/a more hand work!


No comments: