Saturday, October 6, 2018

Teal mini swap

The best thing in our mail which was held at the P.O. during our vacation was a package from my Teal Mini Swap partner, Shelly in SC.  Each participant - and they came from the U.S. and Canada - received a small piece of fabric to incorporate into either a mug rug or mini quilt for a partner who was assigned.  Ten of the $15 we sent in went to ovarian cancer research, so it's a fun and useful swap.   It is amazing how well we are partnered, too.  I have a lot in common with both this year's and last year's partners who are so nice - but then, quilters are generally nice!

Here's the mini Shelly made me:
I love the puffin fabric she used as a border.   The fabric we both received is the teal print at the top left.  Both of us weren't enamored of it, but it ended up working fine in our minis.   It's clear we both love color.   How did she know that I have been trying to use more orange in my quilts lately?  Here's the string star mini I made Shelly:
Shelly's package also included several items she made herself:   some knitted dish cloths, a neat scrubby, and a tea caddy for my purse or travel.  This is a great way to meet quilters around the country as well as a way to contribute to a very good cause.  I hope to join in again next year.



No comments: