Friday, March 22, 2019

Getting a jump on "Dear Yve"

In honor of my friend who passed away last year, I have named my Splendid Samper Dear Yve.  Since July, I've been making 12 6" blocks each month, sashing them, and quilting them in sections.  In June I'll have 12 sections and will put them together.  At the beginning of March I quilted the January and February sections, and earlier this week I quilted the March one.

Now I'm about to embark on the blocks for my April section.  I'm trying to make some, if not all, of the four blocks per week chosen by the quilt along organizers, Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson, but some weeks four blocks have been too many for me to make, especially if they are hand appliqued.  I do like the mix of traditional and modern designs, and I am enjoying using low volume backgrounds.  I suspect I'll be using more of those in the future.  We woke up to snow and it looks fairly serious,  so  I'll be sewing today.

No comments: