Sunday, March 24, 2019

Storm at Sea

My scrappy Storm at Sea quilt (60" x 60") was accepted and is now hanging in the local Studio Place Arts gallery show, Deep Blue!
 This photo came from SPA's website and shows the quilting which  I did on my trusty Elna.  It took a steady hand and good eye, so I'm glad they focused on a good section.  This quilt includes some dark blue scraps from my late friend Ann's stash, nice mementoes of a good neighbor.

We stopped in to have a look Thursday, and the other pieces in the show are great, especially two paintings with the most gorgeous blues.  My former colleague Frank has a couple of paintings in the show, and it's fun to see what he's been working on in retirement.  The knitted fish dangling from the ceiling are fun, too.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always nice to have a quilt hanging!