Thursday, May 30, 2019

Cholesterol and rhubarb


'Tis the season for desserts made of fruits.  I have a refrigerator with rhubarb, strawberries, and rhubarb just waiting for me to enjoy.  Today's plan is to make a small strawberry-rhubarb pie, but some bars are also a possibility.   Still, I will have to maintain some restraint.

Last fall, the physician's assistant at the Health Center told me that I needed to reduce my cholesterol OR take statins to do so.  I decided to go the non-chemical route and really worked hard for the next six months.  Success!  But the food on our 10 day cruise in the Netherlands was fabulous and did a bit of damage.   The ice cream was particularly delicious.  My pants are a little tighter than they were when I left.  We start the weekly forest walks on Tuesday, thank goodness!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really need to get back to watching my cholesterol too - it won't be checked again until fall but it is near the area where it really needs watching