Saturday, June 1, 2019

Smaller quilts

I plan to sew the binding to the front of my Dear Yve quilt today and then start the hand sewing process this afternoon.  It is now queen-sized and quite heavy, so I took a day off from wrestling the quilt into the machine.  My shoulders and back were sore.   I have resolved to work on smaller quilts for the foreseeable future.

Instead, I cut out the fabrics I need for the curvy flying geese class I'll be taking at the Vermont Quilt Festival in a few weeks.  Here's a photo from the Sew Kind of Wonderful website.
"Are We There Yet?" is from a book, Mini Wonderful Curves, which has a number of other whimsical and interesting patterns in it.  I like the fact that, while we need to buy yet another tool to make the class project, we'll be able to use it for some other things afterwards.  Hope I don't forget how to use the tool as I have with the "Tucker Trimmer" I got a few years ago!

I am using scraps in fall colors - some hand dyed by Ricky Tims - for the geese and a brown/gray background.  Of course, I had to go to the quilt shop to get more background fabric for the geese, but the nice chat with Dee and Paula made it worthwhile.

No comments: