Friday, June 28, 2019

Splendid Sampler

Ta da!  Here is my year-long project, Dear Yve, hanging over my neighbor's deck railing.  I had to photograph it in two pieces, so one is upside down.  It's queen-sized and my two usual quilt holders were not here at the same time.  But I am pleased with the way it turned out.  The quilt-as-you-go method (12 sections, one for each month, July-June, worked fine except that by the last row it was an awfully heavy quilt.  I took it off the bed for now so I could take more photos when I get a chance.

My favorite block is probably that little sewing machine.  All the blocks are 6" and most came from the Pat Sloan-Jane Davidson The Splendid Sampler 2 quilt along.  Each month includes a piece of a "dishtowel of the month" set that my late friend Yve gave me.  She was a great thrift shop maven who often sent me stuff she thought I could use somehow.  I'd had these dishtowels for years and finally figured out what to do with them.  I bought no fabric for this quilt except the beige sashing and border, just as Yve would have liked.

1 comment: