Friday, June 14, 2019

Two quilts



The Splendid Sampler (above) - that I call Dear Yve in honor of a friend - is finished and has been slept under for a few nights.  I will get it outside and take a picture when I get a chance.  Meanwhile, I'm excited to have started My Small World, a wallhanging designed by Jen Kingwell whose Midnight at the Oasis I admire so much.  One can, and probably should, personalize it a bit, so I am going to add granite sheds and some pictures of local sculpture if I can figure out how.  

Following the pattern book, I'm working on filler blocks of all sizes from 4" to 2" finished.  Phew!  I am doing something I rarely do, and that is to make the blocks oversized and cut them down for accuracy.  I have a bunch of batiks from a bali pop, a couple of sets of grunge charm squares, Ricky Tims hand-dyes, and various other scraps to use.  So far, I am loving the process.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a lot of different blocks in this!