Friday, June 28, 2019

Vermont Quilt Festival

I've probably been going to the Vermont Quilt Festival since around 1980, when it was held in downtown Northfield, just 10 miles from my house.  It outgrew the space over time, moving first to nearby Norwich Univ. and then to the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds in the Burlington area.  I used to go almost every day when it was local, but now I only go once unless I'm taking a class.  I spent a long day yesterday, visiting the show, shopping most of the vendors, and taking a class.  It was nice to be in air conditioning most of the time as summer has arrived in Vermont!

I am still unpacking my machine and the class project so I'll post more about the show in a few days (I need to get the AC installed in my sewing room!).  Here are some photos of my favorite contest quilts.  Enjoy!
A "calendar" accented by some cute bird blocks.

  How was this put together?

Just amazing!  I saw two others in the same pattern but in different colorways
this was 12" square!

  A lovely variation on a theme

  Bed sized!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the third one you show is a Sue Garman design - I think I have the pattern but have never made it - maybe one day.