Saturday, June 29, 2019

Fiddling with hexies

I'm coming down the home stretch toward assembling parts of Jen Kingwell's My Small World.   The hills are all that's left before I start putting various pieces together.   I decided to skip over the New York Beauty hill for now until I figure out how I'll do it.  The nice thing about this wallhanging is that we are encouraged to personalize it.  Maybe I need some mountains instead of hills for this segment, but I'll see once I start putting this section together.

Yesterday I finished glue basting the 30 1/2" hexagons I'll need for the hexie hill.  I bought some heavier paper forms and a glue pen for English Paper Piecing, and they make it fairly easy so far.  It is intense work, and I worry that the glue will stick too much to get the paper out.  Guess I'll find out!  I've never made so many - and so tiny - hexies for a project before.  The above is what I did yesterday, and I hope to finish, if not today, then tomorrow.  I have grocery shopping and a memorial service to distract me.  And whatever should I make for dinner?  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

if you can lightly spritz some water over the glue area the papers will come easier I found if you have trouble with removing them