Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Table runners

A few years ago, I made a very cute table runner with 4" free-form trees.  A friend bought it at a craft show, and I was thinking of borrowing it back so I could see how I made it.  But I found the pattern and decided to make the trees 8" this time.  They are really quite easy, so I made two to sell.  One will go down to the local florist's shop and the other on my etsy shop.  I particularly like this table runner which I quilted in an all-over wave and backed in polka dots.  I will probably make another Christmas table runner (stars?) to take down to the florist's, but it will have to wait until we return from Colorado.

Meanwhile, I'm back working on the piece I started in the class I took in June.  I don't really like to buy specialty rulers, but the Quick Curve Ruler seemed a bit more useful than some.  I can cut curvy leaves and Drunkard's Path pieces with it.   The class was a half day one, so we only made and put together four of the flying geese, which will be horizontal.  I have a huge stack of pieces to sew, but I find they go fairly easily with my 1/4" piecing foot.  They get cut a few times, once to square up and once to look wonky.  Below is a photo from the book.  I'm using fall colors with brown rectangles for mine.
In between sewing, I'm doing laundry and babysitting my sourdough culture which I refreshed twice yesterday and have added to this morning.  If all goes well, I'll bake a loaf of bread later today.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't like to buy specialty rulers either I tend to think I will use them and don't or use once and not again -- good luck on your bread - I used to have a culture but I baked so much I finally stopped! I bought a sour dough bread mix from King Arthur earlier in the month and made it last week but I thought that one tasted too sour for my taste. It wasn't like the one I had made bread and waffles from