Thursday, August 1, 2019

Honeycomb top almost finished

It's been really hot and humid lately so I've either been reading in front of the fan or sewing with the AC on.  The honeycomb quilt top is almost finished.  It just needs a thin border around the piano keys border, and then I'll set it aside for a while.  I have the binding all ready to go whenever I get around to quilting it.  The size is about 55" x 60", so a nice throw.  I like the way it turned out.

Now there are two smaller quilts waiting to be quilted, a large quilt to be bound, and two table runners to be bound.  But I want to get busy and make a tote bag for Diane who will be retiring from her job at the historical society at the end of the month.  She has been a good "boss" to us volunteers.

Meanwhile, my birthday came and went, and it was a nice day.  I opened all the fat quarters from my international swap group, and put them aside with some other blues and beiges for a future quilt.  I'm thinking of Jen Kingwell's "Long Time Gone," but we'll wait and see!
My sister Jenny gave me an adorable soft sculpture.  I hope you can see the three batik stuffed birds sitting on a real branch.
The table cloth sort of hides it.  But I love it and plan to take it to my September guild meeting for show and tell.  I will move it around the house until I settle on a spot.




1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy late birthday - that is a nice sculpture and hot and humid here too - your temps should start to get nice shouldn't they at this time of year? ours will be hot for awhile still