Friday, December 31, 2021

Brick House, etc.

For this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I'll continue making scrappy 6" pineapple blocks each month with the hope that I can have enough blocks by the end of the year to make a decently sized quilt.  I took a month off in December, but I'm looking forward to getting back to these blocks in the new year.

I'm also determined to make a quilt featuring a variety of house blocks.  I have several patterns and books to choose from and a whole lot of scraps.  The first block of the year is called Brick House and I found it on the Fat Quarter Shop's website.  I don't know what the RSC color for January will be yet, but I thought I'd make one in green to see if I like the pattern.  And I do!  It measures 12" x 13".

I'll use a variety of backgrounds and try to make this a stash buster.  I will probably vary the orientation of the houses now and then to keep it interesting.

I also started working on Bonnie Hunter's Unity medallion quilt yesterday.  It's going to be a section a month sew along with some members of my local guild.  I have changed the colors a little, removing red and adding a bright yellow to navy blue and light blue.  Hoping to bust a little more stash with this one.   Feeling energized!

No comments: