Tuesday, May 17, 2022

COVID

Well, I have it.  After all this time, avoiding crowd situations, wearing a mask when no one else was, and just being careful, I think I caught it from the church secretary Tess and I visited last Thursday to discuss set up for the state quilt guild meeting.  Elizabeth had said she'd meet us at 8:30 am sharp Saturday to unlock the building, so we were surprised to see another lady, Sandy, who merely said, "Elizabeth is very sick."  Oh, brother.  

I had woken up with a slightly scratchy throat and a slight cough.  By the end of the day, I was exhausted, but I figured it was because I had had to run the meeting, introduce speakers, and keep things moving along.  I'm usually tired after such a long day.  I did take a COVID test, which was negative, so Paul and I went out for salads.  But by Sunday, I was much worse, and my next test was positive.  The doctor has prescribed Paxlovid, which Paul will pick up today, and I hope it speeds recovery.  This is the worst sore throat and drippy nose I've had in a long time, and I just want to sleep!  

I just hope Tess, Paul, and all the people who came to the meeting don't get it.  I sent various messages to people I've been in contact with since Thurs.  So far, both Tess and Paul have tested negative, thank goodness.  I won't be going to tonight's quilt guild meeting, yoga tomorrow, or Thursday's genealogy club.  My dear friend Cindy is flying in Thurs. from California for her granddaughter's college graduation, We had planned to get together Friday and, hopefully, I'll be well enough to sit with her outside to catch up.  We were so looking forward to this, and we had also planned to drive down to NH to visit another friend on Tuesday.  One day at a time!

No comments: