Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Flowers!

Spring is an exciting time in Vermont.  After that long, cold, and often gloomy winter, things seem to green up awfully fast.  Often we have frost one day and 80 degrees the next, making spring rather short.  But we'll take whatever we get as long as it's not snow.  Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.  Chris came for lunch, bearing a pretty calla lily plant which I will find a place for in the garden.  



And Mom sent me a lovely bouquet.


I did find a little time to sew some "Favorites" blocks for Aby's block of the month.  The one on the right is a little smaller because I don't have the tool she recommended for the "Peaky and Spike" pieces.  I will fit it in somehow, though.   This quilt has a variety of sizes with a center medallion 18" and blocks either 6" or 12".  Aby's directions so clear that they work up quickly using this "Pressed Flowers" background fabric.



1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty flowers and quilt blocks