Monday, May 2, 2022

Greening up

We had a fabulous weekend, weatherwise - sun, warmer temperatures, lots of things turning green outdoors.  I opened windows to let the fresh air in and got out pots to let them catch any rain that may fall today, and Paul even washed the car.  Tulips are about to bloom - one did open and I took it inside to enjoy.


I cut out and sewed a few of the 14 blocks for Austen Jubilee each day, my version of the mystery quilt using Bonnie Hunter blocks from Quiltmaker.  I had to dismantle one completely, but mostly, the May blocks are together. 


This morning, after our walks and a trip to the Dollar Store, I made the 42 flying geese for the last clue of this quilt (I hope).  Would someone please remind me never to do two Bonnie Hunter quilts at once?!?  The Unity quilt is intense enough.  

These flying geese used up almost all of what I have left of the Jane Austen at Home fabric.  The next issue of Quiltmaker should tell us how to put the pile of blocks together.  I hope it doesn't call for any more fabric, or I'll really have to improvise.   I am moving all of the blocks and what's left of the fabric to a large plastic bag, to free up a project box for a new tulip quilt I'm planning.  I think it will feature sawtooth stars in a variety of sizes.

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for May is sage/forest green.  Hooray!  I really need to get into my green tub and do some cleaning out.  I'm not sure when I'll get to my various blocks of the month, though.  It's going to be a busy month, with Christine's memorial concert on the 7th, the state quilt guild meeting on the 14th, and lots of appointments and meetings in between.  I'm sure there will be planting going on here, but also a few rainy days for sewing pineapple, house, and bowtie blocks.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you got a bit done and glad to hear it is warming up - the first flowers are always such a joy to see and bring smiles!!