Thursday, April 28, 2022

Elephant parade

When some online quilting friends proposed a swap of elephant blocks, I wasn't sure I wanted to join in.  I have no grandchildren and am not really into making kids' things.  Then I realized I could give the quilt to Bags of Love, a local organization that supplies kids going into foster care.  I've made other quilts and knitted items for them.  My local guild is also having a yard square quilt challenge, and this resulting quilt truly fits the bill.


Five other quilters made blocks for this quilt, and I enjoyed putting it together.  We all used Kaffe Fasset-like fabric on black, and I love that one elephant is facing the other way.

Also for the yard square challenge, I'll show my very scrappy Omicron Cabin, a twin (more or less) to Corona Cabin, which I made at the start of the pandemic.

This is also headed to Bags of Love.  I made this with "strings," but I have lots of them left over.  I'll be making something else with strings sometime soon.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't usually make kid things either - my grandchildren are in the young adult years already - maybe if there are ever great-grands?