Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Toes and eagles

Machine quilting It's the Point is coming along nicely, and I hope to have all of the vertical lines done this afternoon.  When I look at it from a distance, I really like it.  Up close, it's apparent I can't sew in a straight line (can anyone?).  Well, I like the effect, and that's all that matters.

Yesterday I met Debb for our monthly pedicure and chin wag.  After all these months of just getting clear polish, much to Pedicurist Helen's dismay, I went for a soft pink polish, while Debb had purple.


Debb and I always talk about a lot of different things during these sessions, and this time she told me her grandson says everyone in his second grade class chose a "nature name" to be more in tune with the world around us.  He chose "Bald Eagle."  I told her how my friend Samantha took a bunch of spectacular bird photos on Lake Champlain a few weeks ago and shared her photo of an eagle for her grandson.  Isn't it amazing?


We speculated what our nature names should be although Debb's grandson has already given her "Cottontail."  I guess he's gearing up for Easter.  I think mine should be something floral, though, like tulip or violet.  Bulbs are beginning to pop out of the ground, and I'm hoping to see flowers in the yard very soon.   For now, I'll have to be content with the fabric kind.



 

No comments: