Friday, April 15, 2022

Happy Easter

 It looks like it's going to be a lovely Good Friday today.  The sun was out at 6 am and the grass has been greening up quickly.  Soon it will be time to mow, and our tulips and daffodils will bloom.  I always have a sense of relief when that happens, generally very quickly, each year.  Here's what I expect, based on this photo from 2020.

We are planning to grill on Easter - hamburgers, potato salad, cole slaw, and ice cream are on the menu, even though spotty showers are predicted.   Chris will come over to help us get the grill going again, and I've been saving some burgers that came with a gift we received at Christmas.

Next week is going to be busy with appointments and meetings as well as the Champlain Valley Quilt Show.  I'll be delivering my Harriet's Journey variation quilt on Tuesday evening and then picking it up again on Sunday evening.  In between I'm looking forward to the show after a couple of years without one.  Happy holidays to you!



1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

and our Easter weekend is rain the whole weekend - we will still go see our daughter on Sunday and then we are all to go on to one of my nieces for part of the day where some more family is gathering - I'm waiting to hear if that is cancelled due to weather as a lot of that activity was to be outside. I think it is always hard to plan for Easter in advance because it is rainy season here - your tulips are lovely and it is nice to see the flowers come up you know winter is truly going away