Thursday, April 21, 2022

A few small projects

 


This little wool penny project got sashed and put together this week after languishing for a few weeks.  It's a sampler of various embroidery stitches.  I found the batik background a little difficult to embroider but was pleased to find the sashing/binding in just the right colors hiding at the bottom of my blue tub.  Now it needs quilting, which I will get to manana.

At guild the other night, the coming month's block of the month turned out to be a 12" block exactly like the 6" one that will be coming up for the June Unity quilt round.  I got busy right away and found it wasn't so hard at 12".  I was dreading the 6" version, but now that I see how it goes together, I'm not AS intimidated.  Still slightly intimidated, but ready to soldier on in June.  I can't remember its name - Twirling something-or-other.


At any rate, I made one to keep and one for the guild lottery in May.  I won the March blocks but have set them aside while I work on a few other things.  I'm still working ahead on the May section of the Unity quilt - 2" x 3.5" flying geese.

This week I also made a beige linen tote bag for the Quilters' Auction at the state guild meeting in May.  Everyone on the board will be contributing things to put in it.  I've had the linen for quite a while and still have enough to make another bag or two.  Forgot to take a picture, unfortunately.

No comments: