Wednesday, April 13, 2022

April's "Unity"

 


The sun popped out yesterday and actually stayed all day.  Today we'll be having a bit of sun followed by two days of rain.  That's April for you.  We managed to take the Unity out for a photo, though.  There will be several more rounds in the months ahead as I quilt along with others in my local guild to achieve a queen-sized top.  

As is typical of a Bonnie Hunter pattern, there are lots of pieces to cut and sew.  This round wasn't as difficult as the previous month's - it is 6" (finished).  I'm liking the look so far.  You can't see it from afar, but all of the fabrics are scraps except for the constant yellow.   Next up:  2 x 3.5" flying geese at the top and bottom to achieve a rectangular shape.
  

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

some times I think I want to make another of her quilts and then I think - no just too many pieces at times!

Jan said...

It's looking good and nice to finish it in a group. Mine is in the UFO pile waiting patiently.