Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Quilt Show!

It had been more than two years since I attended a real, live quilt show, but Sunday I finally did!  Here are a few of my favorites.  The soft colors against a gray print background really caught my eye.  I have always wanted to try making a circular flying geese block, too, and was impressed that it was a double circle.


Also, by the same quilter, Karen Abramovich, is this rainbow with tiny colorful blocks.  So impressive - and you can see that the judges thought so, too.
 



The quilting on this is amazing.

Here's a pattern I'd love to try in purple.  The Snail's Trail block alternating with those four patches including kite shapes is just up my alley.


And, finally, here's my own quilt - Harriet's Journey variation - which received a Vendor's Choice ribbon!  (Sorry I cut it off in the picture, but it's now hanging on my refrigerator)


I enjoyed attending this show even though the vendors seemed cramped for space.  I did notice a gadget that I want to research more - the Cutterpillar lighted cutting "system."   The owner of our local quilt shop told me she's going to try to carry them soon.








No comments: